Despite the recent economic slowdown, Long Island has demonstrated continuing vitality as a place to live and work, and as an attractive vacation destination. But population growth has brought with it a host of challenges ranging from traffic congestion to water safety to affordable housing and health care. Meeting these challenges requires a skilled and dedicated public service work force.
The 120-credit B.S. in Public Administration at the Long Island University (LIU) program combines a liberal arts education with courses focused on the political, social, and economic aspects of public services. Graduates are ready to move directly into entry or mid-level positions in the public sector or to pursue advanced degrees in public administration. Public Administration is designed to prepare students for meaningful roles in government agencies or non-profit organizations, with a skill set that has applications on other fields, such as education and business.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Citizenship and the Community
- Legal Aspects of Health Care/Public Admin.
- Financial Management in the Health Care/Public Sectors
- Health Resource Allocation in Health Care/Public Sectors
- Research Methods
- Statistics for the Administrators
- Computer-Based Management Systems
- Personnel Administration in Health Care/Public Sectors
- Strategic Planning and Program Evaluation
- Critical Issues in Health Care & Public Admin.
- Internships in Health and Public Administration
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Public Relations View 718 other Bachelors in Public Policy in United States
- Incoming freshmen must have a solid B average (3.0 or 82-85 GPA) and an average SAT score of 1000 (Critical Reading and Math combined) or ACT Composite of 19 or above. High school chemistry and biological science courses are strongly recommended.
- Transfer students must have completed more than 24 college credits. A minimum college
- GPA of 2.8 is required for application review. If students have completed fewer than 4 college credits, they must also submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
International37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
National37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.