Throughout the B.S. in Health Administration at the Long Island University (LIU) course of study, students will acquire a keen understanding of the political, social and economic components of the health services sector through courses that range from statistics to financial management. Special emphasis will be placed upon developing the students’ ability to identify, comprehend, describe and differentiate among the major components of the health services system.
Potential work sites for graduates include positions in large and complex health agencies, ambulatory services programs, regulatory agencies and insurance programs, management positions in nursing homes, group medical practices, and unit management within hospitals. Within the largest hospitals, positions would include assignments in central services, materials management, purchasing, security, admissions and the business office.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- American Health Systems
- Legal Aspects of Health Care/Public Administration
- Research Methods
- Statistics for the Administrators
- Personnel Administration in Health Care/Public Sectors
- Strategic Planning and Program Evaluation
- Critical Issues in Health/Public Administration
- Internship in Health and Public Administration
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesHealth Administration View 844 other Bachelors in Health Administration in United States
- Incoming freshmen must have a solid B average (3.0 or 82-85 grade point average) and an average SAT of 1000 (Critical Reading and Math combined) or ACT Composite of 20 or above.
- Transfer students must have completed more than 24 college credits. A minimum college GPA of 2.0 is required for application review. If you have completed fewer than 24 credits, you must also submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
International37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
National37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.