The writing concentration explores various forms of creative expression through course work in literature, creative writing and non-fiction writing. Students pursuing this concentration have the opportunity to take courses in “Academic Writing” (expository, argumentative, creative writing), “Performance Writing” (screenplays, teleplays), “Writing for the Marketplace” (business, public relations), “Rhetorical Theory” (ancient and modern) and “Special Topic Seminars” (letter-writing, theories of composition).
The B.A. in English - Writing at the Long Island University (LIU) offers students both a strong traditional liberal arts education and many opportunities to explore other disciplines.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Scientific Inquiry & the Natural World
- Creativity, Media & the Arts
- Perspectives on World Cultures
- Self, Society & Ethics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Creative Writing View 3174 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
- Incoming freshmen must have a solid B average (3.0 or 82-85 grade point average) and an average SAT of 1000 (Critical Reading and Math combined) or ACT Composite of 20 or above.
- Transfer students must have completed more than 24 college credits. A minimum college G.P.A. of 2.0 is required for application review. If you have completed fewer than 24 credits, you must also submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
International37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
National37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.