The B.S. in Childhood Education (American Studies) at Long Island University (LIU) is an exciting interdisciplinary program that invites you to take an active role in shaping your education. Working closely with a faculty advisor, you will create your own curriculum, drawing on a broad range of classes from departments across campus—including history, English, sociology, political science, philosophy, art history, psychology, anthropology, theater, music, education, and earth and environmental sciences.
By examining social and political issues from a variety of perspectives, you will deepen your understanding of the diverse peoples and complex histories that make up the United States. You will not only strengthen the critical thinking, reading and writing skills that are essential for good teaching, but you will also learn to communicate to young students the importance of being an engaged citizen. Students take 30 credits in American Studies to satisfy the liberal arts and sciences requirements for the B.S. in Childhood Education degree program.
- American Art
- Survey of American Writers to the Civil War
- The United States and Canada
- American Civilization Since 1877
- American Philosophy RPHL 8 The American Religious Imagination
- Gender Roles
- Race and Ethnicity
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesEducation History View 2676 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- Incoming freshmen must have a solid B average (3.0 or 82-85 grade point average) and an average SAT score of 1000 (Critical Reading and Math combined) or ACT Composite of 20 or above.
- Transfer students must have completed more than 24 college credits. A minimum college G.P.A. of 2.0 is required for application review. If you have completed fewer than 24 credits, you must also submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
International37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
National37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.