You will learn from experts who influence global debates on topics such as poverty, inequality, climate change and migration.
Outside the classroom, you’ll gain real-world exposure to global issues through debates with industry speakers, international placements, and field trips to destinations such as the Mojave Desert, Dubai, China and Greece.
On our Geography and International Relations (Hons) BA at University of Sussex, you develop cultural awareness as well as research, numerical, analytical and resource-management skills. This means you can go on to careers in a wide range of sectors, including:
- civil service and government
- international development and environmental conservation
- media and journalism.
Throughout your degree, you will receive support from your department and the university careers and employability centre, and can attend specialist careers events and workshops.
- Capitalism and Geopolitics
- Class, Community and Nation Through the Pandemic Portal
- Colonialism and Modern Social Theory
- Dirty Wars? Conflict and Military Intervention
- Genocide in International Relations from Ancient Times to the Present
- Geographies of Rising and Declining Powers
- Global Food Security
- Global Politics of Food
- Global Resistance: Subjects and Practices
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography International Relations View 423 other Bachelors in Geography in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Baccalaureate: 30 -32 points overall from the full IB Diploma.
- European Baccalaureate: Overall result of at least 75% to 77%.
- You must have a good level of Mathematics.
- We take the EPQ into account when considering your application and it can be useful in the summer when your results are released if you have narrowly missed the conditions of your offer. We do not routinely include the EPQ in the conditions of your offer but we sometimes offer alternative conditions that include the EPQ.
- You will also need GCSE (or equivalent) Mathematics, with at least grade 4 (or grade C). You should also have a broad range of GCSEs 9-4 (A*-C), including good grades in relevant subjects.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.