Students of the Bachelor of Science in Education degree in Life Science - Chemistry from Kent State University complete most content coursework during their first three years; methods coursework typically begins during the spring of their third year. During the final year of the program, students complete remaining content courses, science teaching methods courses and a year-long placement in a local school district, which concludes with 13 weeks of student teaching in the spring. Life Science/Chemistry students are encouraged to meet with their advisor early in their programs as many courses must be sequenced carefully.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Plan multiple lessons using a variety of inquiry approaches that demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of how to engage all students in learning science.
- Plan a learning environment and learning experiences for all students that demonstrate chemical safety, safety procedures, and the ethical treatment of living organisms within their licensure area.
- Plan fair and equitable assessment strategies to analyze student learning and to evaluate if the science learning goals are met.
- Chemistry teachers, postsecondary
- Education teachers, postsecondary
- Middle school teachers, except special and career/technical education
- Secondary school teachers, except special and career/technical education
- Biological Diversity
- Biological Foundations
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Laboratory
- Principles of Teaching Adolescents
- Teaching Science in Secondary Schools
- Educational Technology
- Educational Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Chemistry Earth Sciences View 3811 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to this major is selective. Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to a major and/or admission to professional coursework for a selective admission program. To be admitted directly into a teacher education program, it is required that new freshmen have a 2.750 high school GPA.
- A copy of your Passport Biographical Page.
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate/Diploma/Attending Certificate (Certified English translation and original language).
- Secondary School Transcripts/detailed mark sheets (Certified English translation and original language).
International20799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20799 USD per year during 48 months.
National20799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20799 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11923 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11923 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.