The program is designed to develop pre-service teachers who learn from practice; engage in collaborative inquiry and partnerships to promote student learning and continued professional growth, create equitable classrooms, plan/organize meaningful lessons and assessments; and view themselves as curriculum developers who recognize that social studies content and curriculum are more than information in textbooks and standardized curriculum guides.
The Integrated Social Studies major comprises the following concentrations which prepares students to build on and integrate their content knowledge as part of developing participatory, democratic citizens:
- Political Science
Graduates of the Integrated Social Studies program from the Kent State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to teach and the propensity to teach in ways that can be characterized as powerful as defined by the National Council for the Social Studies (active, challenging, meaningful, integrative and value-based).
- Demonstrate in written lesson plans and their teaching an understanding of the integrated nature of social studies.
- Demonstrate sufficient content knowledge across multiple areas of social studies.
- Middle school teachers, except special and career/technical education
- Secondary school teachers, except special and career/technical education
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory and Applications
- Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory and Applications
- Labor Problems
- Economics of Poverty
- Economics of the Environment
- Economics of Labor Markets
- International Economic Relations
- Economic History of Technological and Industrial Development
- Regional Economics
- Urban Economics
- Economics of Health Care
- Politics and Place
- Economic Geography
- Cities and Urbanization
- Conservation of Natural Resources
- Historical Geography of the United states and Canada
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Education Sociology View 2616 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to this major is selective. Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to a major and/or admission to professional coursework for a selective admission program. To be admitted directly into a teacher education program, it is required that new freshmen have a 2.750 high school GPA.
- A copy of your Passport Biographical Page.
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate/Diploma/Attending Certificate (Certified English translation and original language).
- Secondary School Transcripts/detailed mark sheets (Certified English translation and original language).
International20799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20799 USD per year during 48 months.
National20799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20799 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11923 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11923 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.