Open Studies offered by the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign requires completion of the common requirements for all BMUS degrees and a minimum of 130 semester hours of credit for graduation.
Admission to Open Studies is initiated by petition to a committee of three faculty members, the open studies adviser, and the associate dean of the College of Fine and Applied Arts. Additional information may be obtained from the:
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Music Education
- Music Theory and Practice I
- Music Theory and Practice II
- Rudiments of Music Theory I
- Rudiments of Music Theory II
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2096 other Masters in Music in United States
- High school transcript
- Test score results (ACT, SAT)
- Application fee (Domestic $50 ; International $75)
- To be considered for admission, you must complete a program of study that qualifies you for admission to selective universities in your own country. Freshman applicants must report their academic credentials when they apply.
International40146 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40146 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National34798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34798 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State17348 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17348 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.