Our Industrial Design courses at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign emphasize the importance of personal discovery and problem-solving through experience-based assignments. Working with feedback from professors and peers, you create designs that combine desirability, business viability, and technical feasibility.
- You will work to create the products, interfaces and experiences that meet people’s needs for things as diverse as toys, sports, housewares, medical devices, and pet products. We make sure you keep things real by prototyping your ideas from start to finish.
- You will work individually and in teams to complete a variety of projects culminating in an individual senior project—preparing you with the tools that will enable you to advance into the wider world of industrial design professional practice or a variety of other careers.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Industrial Design
- Design Drawing
- Computer Applications
- Sustainability & Manufacturing
- Human-Centered Product Design
- Product Innovation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Visual Arts View 2618 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
- You'll provide your high school courses/grades, choose your major and a second choice, complete our writing prompts, and list your extracurricular activities, honors, and awards.
- List your high school courses and grades exactly as they appear on your transcript.
- We are test-optional, meaning you’re not required to submit ACT and/or SAT test results when you apply.
- If you choose to report your scores, enter your highest test scores for the ACT composite and/or the SAT total without super-scoring, along with the highest sub-scores you earned in each category regardless of test date.
- Pay the application fee.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, check its status by clicking on your application in myIllini.
International35206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35206 USD per year during 48 months.
National34316 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34316 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State16866 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16866 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.