Discover the possibilities of a major in Human Development and Family Studies offered by the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.
Become a professional who prevents child and partner abuse, assists children in hospitals to deal with medical procedures, develops curricula for youth in after-school programs, identifies ways that partners can maintain healthy relationships, directs a child care center, helps immigrant families or, with additional education, works in the fields of health, law, or policy.
Why Choose HDFS?
- Award-Winning Faculty and Staff
- Unique Opportunities For Undergraduates
- Multi-Disciplinary Ph.D. Program
- Cutting-Edge Research and Outreach
We offer 2 concentrations in Human Development and Family Studies
- The Child and Adolescent Development Concentration focuses on the physical, cognitive, and social development of children and adolescents.
- Students in the Family Studies Concentration learn how families operate, develop, and change in response to the challenges of modern life.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology View 1895 other Bachelors in Psychology in United States
- You'll provide your high school courses/grades, choose your major and a second choice, complete our writing prompts, and list your extracurricular activities, honors, and awards.
- List your high school courses and grades exactly as they appear on your transcript.
- We are test-optional, meaning you’re not required to submit ACT and/or SAT test results when you apply.
- If you choose to report your scores, enter your highest test scores for the ACT composite and/or the SAT total without super-scoring, along with the highest sub-scores you earned in each category regardless of test date.
- Pay the application fee.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, check its status by clicking on your application in myIllini.
International36018 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36018 USD per year during 48 months.
National35110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35110 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State17138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17138 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.