About this Degree
In addition, students will acquire skills in laboratory science, experience with quantitative approaches, and develop effective communication skills to provide an appropriate background essential to research and problem solving in this field.
After first year life science courses, undergraduate students may enter the Human Biology program in their selected HMB program: Fundamental Genetics and its Applications, Global Health, Health and Disease, Human Biology, and Neuroscience. HMB students start by taking foundational courses to provide background on their subject area and introduce students to topics integral to the study of human biology. Students then progress to more specialised topics and have more detailed instruction but are also encouraged to participate in self-directed and group learning. In their final year, HMB students are further engaged to practice critical analysis by taking one of our specialized seminar courses in their program, which focuses on expanding the depth of knowledge the student has acquired while studying human biology at the University of Toronto.
- Chemistry: Physical Principles
- Biochemistry I: Proteins, Lipids and Metabolism
- Human Physiology
- Human Anatomy and Histology
- Pathobiology of the Cardiovascular System
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Emergency & Disaster Management View 252 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants are required to present a senior level/Grade 12 English course for admission consideration
- An International Baccalaureate Diploma, including English HL or SL is required for admission
- English is the language of instruction and examination at U of T, and success in our degree programs requires a high level of English language proficiency
International58160 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58160 CAD per year during 48 months.
National6100 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6100 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.