This Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) degree offered at La Trobe University builds your understanding of how medicines can help in treating diseases, how medicines can impact people's lives, and the importance of patient-centred and individualised care. You'll develop the practical, technical and human skills needed to provide medicines to the public.
Based at our Bendigo Campus, you'll have access to La Trobe's on-campus training pharmacy as well as community and hospital networks. Plus you'll benefit from embedded training in vaccination delivery, mental health first-aid and medication reviews, so you'll graduate well-positioned for a successful career.
After graduation, you'll be eligible to apply to complete a one-year supervised internship and take the Australian Pharmacy Board exams to qualify as a professional pharmacist. You can then work in a range of settings, including hospitals, community pharmacies, pharmacy professional organisations, government agencies, pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies or research facilities. Possible roles include:
- Community or hospital pharmacist
- Play a vital role in your community. Assess clinical conditions, review medication profiles, deliver vaccinations, offer advice on medication and keeping healthy, prescribe and dispense medicines.
- Pharmaceutical scientist
- Research, develop and test new medications and other products, such as foods or medical technologies.
- Pharmaceutical regulator
- Make recommendations on drug use in Australia and play a pivotal role in public health and safety.
- Australian Defence Forces pharmacist
- Provide pharmacy services to Australian defence personnel in a variety of environments worldwide.
- Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia pharmacist
- Provide vital pharmacy services to very remote areas throughout Australia
Accredited by the Australian Pharmacy Council (APC)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology of Cell and Organism
- Making Sense of Data
- Pharmaceutical Formulation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
La Trobe University assesses applications on a rolling basis which means you can apply for the next upcoming intake or available future intakes.
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy View 175 other Bachelors in Public Health in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 069561GSubject prerequisites
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL.
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in Chemistry.
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in any Mathematics.
- 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International45400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45400 AUD per year during 48 months.
National7661 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7661 AUD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.