Studying Business - Tourism and Hospitality offered at La Trobe University you'll also have the chance to complete an additional major in event management, marketing, human resources or a second language.
You'll learn:Business foundations
- Understand how businesses operate in local, regional and global environments.
- Learn about all areas of restaurant and front-of-house operations.
- Gain the skills to identify and provide high-quality service to clients.
- Learn reservation and ticketing procedures for the travel and hotel industries.
- Gain experience using automated reservation systems.
- Examine the marketing and management of tourism destinations at supranational, national, state, regional and local levels.
Graduates will be well placed to find employment in a range of roles that include:
- Manage personnel, maintain facilities, ensure customer satisfaction and oversee administrative and financial records.
- Prepare tourism initiatives and campaigns with the aim of generating revenue.
- Produce a range of tourist information, promotional material, business plans and press releases.
Guest relations manager
- Ensure the satisfaction of guests in settings like upscale hotels, resorts, cruise ships and restaurants.
- Supply information, provide quality service and resolve stressful situations.
The Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality) has EPAS (EFMD Programme Accreditation System) accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Big Ideas in Business
- Dollars and Sense
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Food and Beverage Supervision
- Analysing Business Data
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 26 other Bachelors in Hospitality Management in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 020412CSubject prerequisites
- VCE: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35800 AUD per year during 36 months.
National12640 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12640 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.