The science of biotechnology extends across many areas of biology and chemistry and provides cutting-edge technology tools for modern biology and biomedical research. The curriculum of the Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology at the Kent State University includes a research experience at Kent State and/or an internship at a biotechnology company.Graduates of the Biotechnology program from Kent State University will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and information to complex issues in biotechnology
- Use problem-solving and data-gathering skills to comprehend issues in biotechnology.
- Develop inductive reasoning and technical communications skills in the context of working in a complex group environment.
- Analyze scientific papers and expand skills for listening to and critiquing scientific seminars based on the literature or current research.
- Effectively communicate scientific information.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with research mentors and laboratory members.
- Secondary school teachers, except special and career/technical education
- Biological technicians
- Medical scientists, except epidemiologists
- Biological scientists, all other
- Biological Foundations
- Cell Biology
- General Microbiology
- Elements of Genetics
- Molecular Biology
- Recent Developments in Biotechnology
- Advanced Biological Chemistry Laboratory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Microbiology View 572 other Bachelors in Microbiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The freshman admission policy on the Kent Campus is selective. Admission decisions are based upon the following: cumulative grade point average, ACT and/or SAT scores, strength of high school college preparatory curriculum and grade trends.
- The Admissions Office at the Kent Campus may defer the admission of students who do not meet admissions criteria but who demonstrate areas of promise for successful college study. Deferred applicants may begin their college coursework at one of seven regional campuses of Kent State University.
- A copy of your Passport Biographical Page.
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate/Diploma/Attending Certificate (Certified English translation and original language).
- Secondary School Transcripts/detailed mark sheets (Certified English translation and original language).
International20799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20799 USD per year during 48 months.
National20799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20799 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11923 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11923 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.