In advanced manufacturing, new production techniques, sophisticated modern manufacturing technologies and high-precision and automated machinery are used to improve products and processes. Mechanical engineers in the manufacturing sector use a broad range of knowledge and skills, including information and communication technology (ICT), digital modelling, quality assurance and new organisational practices.
Graduates of this Mechanical and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Honours) degree from University of South Australia have found full-time work with respected organisations like the Orlando Wyndham Group, Holden, Origin Energy, Caroma, WMC (Olympic Dam), Aurecon, Bridgestone, Transport SA, and SA Water. Careers to consider:
- Mechanical engineer: developing products from small parts to large plant, machinery or vehicles; can work on all stages of a product such as research, development, design, manufacture and installation
- Industrial engineer: working to eliminate wastefulness in production processes; develops systems, facilities and equipment that increase efficiency, reduce costs and improve quality and safety
- Mechanical engineering supervisor: overseeing the design of mechanical equipment, industrial processes and robotics; supervising the production, operation, repair and maintenance of equipment; managing staff, resources and work processes
- Systems engineer: installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools; managing and monitoring all installed systems and organisational infrastructure; ensuring high levels of system and infrastructure availability
- CAD engineer: using specialised software to generate drawings, blueprints, plans, and other design documents for use across a wide variety of fields (such as mechanical design, architecture, construction or engineering)
Mathematical Methods for Engineers
Sustainable Engineering Practice
Engineering Design and Innovation
Electrical and Electronic Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 313 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS CODE: 081814B
- Meet any prerequisite requirements with a minimum grade of C- or equivalent
- Qualify for the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE), and achieved a competitive Selection Rank (ATAR), or
- Complete secondary qualifications equivalent to SACE, or
- Complete the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points
- Applicants who have not achieved the Selection Rank required for automatic selection may be selected for any remaining places based on the grades of their year 12 subjects.
- Higher education study
- Complete or partly complete a recognised higher education program at a recognised higher education institution, or
- Complete at least four Open Universities Australia (OUA) courses at undergraduate level or above, or
- Complete the Associate Degree in Engineering at the University of South Australia
International35900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35900 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.