Professionally accredited by Engineers Australia, this degree is strongly hands-on, with significant opportunities to apply engineering theory to real-world challenges. In your final year, you’ll complete a major honours research project as well as an industry-focused design project.
Through the UniSA STEM Professional Practice Program you’ll gain at least 450 hours of skills and competencies to ensure you are graduate career ready. You will have access to a range of engagement activities such as placements, internships, guest lectures, industry panels, site visits, events and networking opportunities.
Your careerGraduates of this Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering (Honours) degree from University of South Australia have found full-time work with respected organisations like the Orlando Wyndham Group, Holden, Origin Energy, Caroma, WMC (Olympic Dam), Aurecon, Bridgestone, Transport SA, and SA Water. Careers to consider:
- Mechanical Engineer: develop products from small parts to large plant, machinery or vehicles; can work on all stages of a product such as research, development, design, manufacture and installation
- Systems engineer: install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools; manage and monitor all installed systems and organisational infrastructure; and, ensure high levels of system and infrastructure availability
- Mechanical Engineering Supervisor: oversee the design of mechanical equipment, industrial processes and robotics; supervise the production, operation, repair and maintenance of equipment; manage staff, resources and work processes
- Mechatronic Device Designer And Development Engineer: design machinery with electronic and computer control systems such as power generators, mining and chemical plant machinery, aircraft, robots, motor vehicles or cameras; develop high-technology engineering systems that automate industrial tasks
- Automation Engineer: develop automated machinery and processes to complete exact tasks; develop technologies for production and delivery such as robots for packaging, food processing or car manufacturing
- Programming Concepts
- Engineering Materials
- Mathematical Methods for Engineers
- Sustainable Engineering Practice
- Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Engineering Design and Innovation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application however the admissions process takes between one and three weeks.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics View 310 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS CODE: 081815A
- Meet any prerequisite requirements with a minimum grade of C- or equivalent
- Qualify for the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE), and achieved a competitive Selection Rank (ATAR), or
- Complete secondary qualifications equivalent to SACE, or
- Complete the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points
- Applicants who have not achieved the Selection Rank required for automatic selection may be selected for any remaining places based on the grades of their year 12 subjects.
- Higher education study
- Complete or partly complete a recognised higher education program at a recognised higher education institution, or
- Complete at least four Open Universities Australia (OUA) courses at undergraduate level or above, or
- Complete the Associate Degree in Engineering at the University of South Australia
International35900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35900 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.