Nutrition and Food Science graduates from Colorado State University gain a scientific understanding of the principles of human nutrition, the role of nutrition in the prevention and management of disease, delivery of nutritional care, and the principles of nutrition assessment and food preparation.
Additionally, graduates know the techniques of interviewing, counseling, information management, and effective communication.
Participation in community outreach, internships, volunteer activities, or cooperative education opportunities is highly recommended to enhance career planning, skills, and development. Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible leadership positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Some examples of career opportunities include, but are not limited to: dietitian or nutritionist in health care, hospitals, long-term care, schools, state or county health agencies, health clubs, corporate wellness programs, grocery stores/food chains, or private practice; community nutritionist; biomedical scientist; restaurant manager; caterer; quality assurance specialist; food scientist; food inspector; food technologist, food plant manager; food service manager in hospitals, schools, or long-term care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dietetics and Nutrition Management Concentration
- Food Safety and Nutrition Concentration
- Nutrition and Fitness Concentration
- Nutritional Sciences Concentration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 346 other Bachelors in Food Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.