This Nursing at the Southern Cross University course responds to contemporary nursing practice and builds knowledge and skills in professional nursing, biological sciences and social sciences. Students learn in state-of-the-art facilities with interactive models and simulation laboratories.
Graduates are equipped to apply sound evidence-based reasoning skills to their nursing practice, provide therapeutic care to patients, coordinate and lead nursing care to individuals and groups, and work independently as well as collaborate in multidisciplinary teams for effective, person-centred outcomes.
An opportunity for a specialised professional experience placement is offered in the final year of the course to expose students to career choices as a nurse.
As a registered nurse in a range of public and private health settings. Nurses typically deliver acute and chronic disease management in clinical settings such as paediatrics, and in community and primary healthcare and education.
They can work as a practice nurse in GP clinics, in mental health, with children and adolescents, in aged care, perioperative care, Indigenous health, rural and remote area healthcare, emergency departments and in critical care.
- The Australian Health Care System
- Systemic Anatomy
- The Discipline of Nursing Note
- Essentials of Nursing and Care
- Human Physiology
- Narratives of Health and Illness
- Nursing and Lifespan Health
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 184 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For undergraduate degrees, the required entry score uses the Australian Year 12 qualification which is measured by the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR). Each course is given an ATAR is an indicative score for entry into the program, based on the previous academic year.
- When assessing applications against the relevant Academic Standards, the University will use accepted educational resources, including Australian Education International - NOOSR, UK NARIC, University Admissions Centre Assessment of Qualifications Manual and the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre Schedule to establish the Australian equivalence of an applicant’s overseas qualifications.
International28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 AUD per year during 36 months.
- National fee is Commonwealth supported
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.