At CSU, we ask historical questions and follow the evidence to understand what happened in the past and why it happened. Through historical research, we move away from judgment and assumptions about other cultures and instead learn from every historical moment, including our own.
We have led in the creation of graduate public history programs, and now have an undergraduate concentration in Digital and Public History , as well as concentrations in General History, Language, and Social Studies Teaching.
The History majors work in many different careers in public history in museums, archives, state and local government agencies in historic preservation and cultural resources management, the National Park Service and Forest Service, and consulting; they work in schools as teachers and administrators; they work in public service; and they are prepared for graduate and professional school in a variety of fields. We offer internships in many of these fields for CSU credit to help students explore their interests in history.
Students in the History program from Colorado State University :
- Analyze and interpret historical materials, such as documents, material artifacts, and images;
- Engage in chronological reasoning to understand causation and change over time;
- Examine critically how people in the past understood their own history in scholarly works and in popular forms such as myths, memorials, and other public commemorations;
- Interpret, write, and speak about the past using evidence and according to the standards and expectations of the historical discipline, including honest use of evidence, openness to multiple perspectives, and historical empathy; and
- Analyze both change and continuities over time by considering how events such as revolution, migration, war, ecological disturbance, and globalization changed societies as well as how structures like class, ethnicity, gender, race, sexuality, climate and religion shaped societies over a longer time horizon.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital and Public History Concentration
- General History Concentration
- Language Concentration
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Concentration
- Social Studies Teaching Concentration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 833 other Bachelors in Ancient History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Colorado State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All first-year freshman students apply using the Common Application.
- Personal Statement - What we call a “personal statement” is called the “personal essay” in the Common Application. This short writing piece is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique, to share a talent or element of your identity that’s important to you, to describe what you are passionate about, or to highlight an accomplishment you’re proud of.
- Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary.
- All decisions are provisional until a final, official transcript verifying graduation is received.
- Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- If a record is not in English, a certified literal English translation must accompany the transcript.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
National32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12874 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.