History analyzes the course of human affairs through evidence and reason. It sheds light on our present by showing how individuals and groups in the past made decisions, exercised power, and responded to changes through revolution, migration, war, ecological disturbance, and globalization. History also explains how people understood and sometimes exploited class, ethnicity, gender, race, and sexuality, and how they conceptualized the world through religion and ideology.
The Major in History at Colorado State University is designed to enlarge students' knowledge about the past, improve their ability to think logically and critically, and sharpen their powers of written and oral expression. It is an outstanding choice for students planning further professional study in law, medicine, ministry, academia, business, and many other fields.
- Government official in foreign service, national security, military, cultural resources management, and other areas;
- History teacher in public and private schools;
- Any professional occupation in business or public service requiring a liberal arts education and skills in research, writing, and the analysis of information;
- With additional graduate training: lawyer, physician, social worker, minister, librarian, museum curator, archivist, professor, educational administrator, or other professional.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital and Public History Concentration
- General History Concentration
- Language Concentration
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Concentration
- Social Studies Teaching Concentration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 2254 other Bachelors in History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.