Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) is an exciting field with many career opportunities. The mission of this interdepartmental major is to prepare professionals dedicated to enhancing the well-being of individuals, families, and the communities and environments in which they live and/or work.
Students graduate the Family and Consumer Sciences program at Colorado State University with an interdisciplinary perspective about the challenges encountered by families and consumers. FCS students attain skills to assist families and consumers with quality of life decisions and challenges related to interpersonal/human relationships, consumer and financial resource management, personal development, nutrition and wellness, and balancing family and work.
- demonstrate an understanding and comprehension of the family and consumer sciences body of knowledge
- demonstrate, at a professional level, oral and written communication and problem-solving proficiency within FCS
- demonstrate synthesis and integration of the specialized FCS body of knowledge through engaged learning experiences
- choose, examine, and assess the impact of civic engagement relevant to FCS
- Cooperative extension/agent
- Consumer information specialist
- Program development
- Product representative
- Customer service specialist
- Writer/developer of informational or educational materials
- Governmental, community, and non-profit agency worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Family and Consumer Sciences Concentration
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education Concentration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Marketing Commerce View 69 other Bachelors in Commerce in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.