Students at the Financial Sciences programme from University of Pretoria will be exposed to all three these disciplines as part of the degree, empowering them to choose their field of specialities at honours level.
Careers with a focus on:
- Financial accounting: Financial accountants, credit controllers, SAIPA (South African Institute of Professional Accountants) and ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- Financial management: Management accountants, management consultants, financial advisors, cost accountants and financial managers
- Taxation: Tax advisors, tax auditors in public practice, tax policy designers, tax professionals, tax compliance managers, SARS auditors and tax risk managers
- Internal auditing: Internal auditors, risk officers, forensic auditors, IT auditors, performance auditors, environmental auditors, compliance officers, government auditors and governance auditors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial accounting
- Business management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Application period starts on the 1st of May and ends on 31st of August
DisciplinesFinance View 48 other Bachelors in Finance in South Africa
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from countries other than South Africa must meet various admission requirements of which the most important ones are: the academic admission requirements and the equivalent certificate called the Exemption Certificate issued by the organisation: Universities South Africa (USAf).
- School Qualification Certificate from the country of origin
Subjects passed on an exit-level
- Certificate of Complete Exemption or Foreign Conditional Exemption obtainable from Universities South Africa (USAf)
- National Benchmark Test (NBT), if requested by the relevant faculty and/or South African Scholastic Aptitude Test
- (SAT) results, if requested by the relevant faculty
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3340 USD per year during 36 months.
National1670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1670 USD per year during 36 months.
- SADC countries: $1 670-3 179
- Non-SADC countries:$ 3 340-6 358
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.