Students of the Financial Sciences degree from University of Pretoria will be exposed to all three these disciplines as part of the degree, empowering them to choose their field of specialities at honours level.
Careers with a focus on:
- Financial accounting: Financial accountants, credit controllers, SAIPA (South African Institute of Professional Accountants) and ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- Financial management: Management accountants, management consultants, financial advisors, cost accountants and financial managers
- Taxation: Tax advisors, tax auditors in public practice, tax policy designers, tax professionals, tax compliance managers, SARS auditors and tax risk managers
- Internal auditing: Internal auditors, risk officers, forensic auditors, IT auditors, performance auditors, environmental auditors, compliance officers, government auditors and governance auditors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial accounting
- Communication management
- Business management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 52 other Bachelors in Finance in South Africa
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission requirements apply to students who apply for admission to the University of Pretoria with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) and Independent Examination Board (IEB) qualifications.
- School of Tomorrow (SOT), Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) and General Education Development Test (GED): The University of Pretoria no longer accepts qualifications awarded by these institutions.
- National Certificate (Vocational) (NCV) Level 4: The University of Pretoria may consider NCV candidates, provided they meet the exemption for bachelor’s status criteria and the programme requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4938 USD per year during 36 months.
National2469 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2469 USD per year during 36 months.
1st year SA and SADC countries citizens: R 36 000 – 47 000
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.