Construction management is the overall planning, coordination, and control of a project from inception to completion.
The CM major addresses issues related to the management of multiple project sites and the applications of resource management, schedule control, cost control, design, and other requirements of the construction process. Design elements concentrate on the relationship between the built environment and the comfort of its inhabitants while safety education emphasizes the health of the individual worker.
The curriculum integrates technology and innovative management systems with the basics of civil engineering, business and management, and the communication skills required to be successful in today’s world. Coursework includes construction methods, estimating, scheduling, computer technologies, architectural principles, fundamentals of management and law, steel and concrete structures, and soils. The curriculum incorporates hands-on labs for most courses. This diverse program creates a broad range of career options for graduates.
Students will develop and demonstrate:
- Professional, analytical, and problem-solving skills related to the career requirements in construction management
- Strong professional communication skills with an emphasis on written, graphic, and verbal skills related to the career requirements in construction management
- Technical proficiency in the following construction management areas: design/engineering, management, materials, methods, estimating, scheduling, safety, surveying, and project administration
The construction industry has become a highly technical industry marked by continuous and dramatic change. There is a continued demand for capable and highly trained construction management professionals who can adapt and become effective leaders in the field.
The Construction Management department prides itself on its in-house intern and job search assistance and counseling. Construction Management continues to boast one of the highest placement rates and entry-level salaries of all majors.
The program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graphic Communications for Construction
- Construction Materials and Methods
- Construction Management Seminar
- Numerical Trigonometry
- Exploring Earth - Physical Geology
- The Blue Planet - Geology of Our Environment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Management, Organisation & Leadership View 517 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.