This Business Administration - Computer Information Systems program at Colorado State University provides students with a broad understanding of business and a sound foundation in computer fundamentals and programming, systems analysis and design, networking, database design and implementation, project management, mobile and web applications, data analytics, and information and systems security. Graduates acquire the knowledge and skills to apply information technologies to solve business problems, providing a wide variety of career opportunities.
Learning outcomes in the Information Systems concentration use a tiered model based on a student's year in school. Learning outcomes build on the previous year’s learning outcomes. Upon graduation all of the learning outcomes will be achieved.
Students will demonstrate the ability to:
- Design, write and test computer programs
- Gather requirements and analyze and design information systems
- Model, implement, query and administer databases
- Plan and manage information technology projects
- Configure and manage computer systems and networks
- Prepare and analyze data and deliver data-driven solutions
- Develop business applications for different platforms and devices
- Assess and secure information technology assets against cyber security threats
Computing-related careers are characterized by a rapid rate of change driven by technological developments. Participating in paid or voluntary work, internships, and cooperative education opportunities is highly recommended, to keep students abreast of new developments and to help them benefit from networking to enhance employment opportunities.
Examples of career opportunities include, but are not limited to: applications developer, business/systems analyst, business intelligence analyst, cybersecurity manager, data analyst, database developer/administrator, IT consultant, IT project manager, information security analyst, software engineer/developer, network administrator, user interface designer, and web developer/administrator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics in Contemporary Organizations
- Information Technology in Business
- Application Design and Development
- Statistics for Business Students
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Information Systems Cyber Security View 265 other Bachelors in Cyber Security in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.