In addition to enrolling in required courses, students will have opportunities to engage in elective courses and laboratory research in specialty areas of endocrinology, pharmacology, neurophysiology, reproductive physiology, and cardiopulmonary physiology. In this process, students are able to tailor their educational experiences to specific career objectives.
The curriculum will prepare graduates to pursue further studies in professional schools for medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, and optometry, as well as other programs such as physician assistant and physical therapy. This degree will also prepare students for graduate studies in the biomedical sciences as well as for employment in a variety of innovative and developing fields in biotechnology.
The basic science curriculum meets many requirements for entrance into professional schools. Experiential learning opportunities are encouraged and could include participating in laboratory research, teaching/tutoring in selected courses, volunteer experiences and leadership positions within student club(s), study abroad, internships, and honors curriculum. These opportunities are encouraged with the student’s interests and career goals as the focus.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences from Colorado State University will provide students with a variety of opportunities for further study or employment in the broad area of biomedical sciences. The coursework is designed to prepare students for health-related graduate and professional programs.
Post-graduate opportunities will include additional studies in specialty areas of physiology such as neuroscience, reproductive endocrinology, cardiopulmonary, and patho-physiology. Employment opportunities can be found in government at the local, state, and national levels; research in a variety of settings such as university, industry, and private laboratories; education; administration and management; and industry such as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices.
Students will be exposed to skill sets which are necessary in a competitive, ever changing job market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Lab
- College Composition
- Attributes of Living Systems
- Biomedical Sciences
- Calculus for Biological Scientists
- Laboratory in Principles of Physiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Natural Sciences View 3058 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.