- Interpret scientific data both mathematically and statistically.
- Demonstrate organizational and laboratory skills.
- Define scientific hypotheses and design experiments or observations to test them.
- Work effectively in groups.
- Demonstrate strong writing and oral communication skills.
Training in biology prepares students for a wide variety of occupations. Some involve daily interaction within teams; others can be done in relative isolation; some are highly focused, but most require knowledge far beyond the sciences. Career options related to biology include water quality assessments, field and lab technician work, biotechnology in biomedical sciences and agriculture, genetic research, agriculture, or sales (i.e., pharmaceutical, agricultural).
Graduates work in small businesses, multinational corporations, academia, and government research laboratories and policy agencies. A degree in biological science offers a broad foundation for professional degrees in nursing, dental, medical or veterinary school, and a number of health professions such as physician's assistant, physical therapy, occupational therapy, optometry or public health.
Graduates often pursue advanced degrees in life sciences to carry out basic research or advance into leadership positions in industry. Participation in internships and/or laboratory research experience is highly recommended and strongly encouraged by the department to enhance practical training and development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Lab
- College Composition
- Animal Biology Laboratory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Microbiology View 599 other Bachelors in Microbiology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.