Prerequisites for this Physics and Philosophy major at Yale University are as follows: mathematics through calculus; any introductory Physics lecture sequence numbered 170 or higher; one introductory Philosophy course.
Beyond the prerequisites, students take fourteen term courses, including the senior requirement.
Six courses in Philosophy or in History of Science, Medicine, and Public Health are required, one course in logic above the introductory level, and a Philosophy seminar selected with the approval of the directors of undergraduate studies.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Quantum Mechanics and Natural Phenomena
- Calculus of Functions of Several Variables
- University Physics for the Life Sciences
- University Physics
- Fundamentals of Physics
- Intensive Introductory Physics
- General Physics Laboratory
- Ancient Philosophy
- Modern Philosophy from Descartes to Kant
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Philosophy & Ethics View 1058 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Recommendations from two teachers and one counselor
- School Report with transcript
- Standardized test results (ACT or SAT)
- English proficiency test results - recommended for non-native English-speakers
- Mid-Year Report & Final Report
International59950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59950 USD per year during 48 months.
National59950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59950 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.