The department offers four different introductory sequences and two degree programs. Also offered are introductory courses that fulfill the science and quantitative reasoning distributional requirements and are appropriate for non–science majors. Combined majors are available in Mathematics and Physics, Astrophysics, Physics and Philosophy, and Physics and Geosciences. Applied Physics is a closely related major.
Physics courses at Yale University numbered 120 or below are for students with little or no previous experience in physics who do not plan to major in the natural sciences. These courses have no college-level mathematics requirement and do not satisfy the medical school requirement.
- University Physics for the Life Sciences is for students with little background in physics and mathematics who will probably not major in the physical sciences but who may be interested in the medical and biological sciences. There is no mathematics prerequisite other than high school mathematics.
- University Physics is for students with some previous background in physics and mathematics who plan to major in the physical sciences.
- Fundamentals of Physics is for students with a strong background in mathematics and physics who plan to major in the physical sciences.
- Intensive Introductory Physics is intended for students who have had excellent training in and have a flair for mathematical methods and quantitative analysis; a solid foundation in physics is required.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Energy Technology and Society
- Practical Electronics
- The Physics of Dance
- Quantum Physics and Beyond
- General Physics Laboratory
- University Physics for the Life Sciences
- University Physics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 1728 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Recommendations from two teachers and one counselor
- School Report with transcript
- Standardized test results (ACT or SAT)
- English proficiency test results - recommended for non-native English-speakers
- Mid-Year Report & Final Report
International62250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62250 USD per year during 48 months.
National62250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62250 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.