- The Interior Architecture and Design program offered by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas , provides high quality individualized professional education that is responsive to expertise evident in current and projected modes of professional practice. The professional development of the students is further enhanced by the program’s unique relationship to the extraordinary industrial and artistic development of the City of Las Vegas, which provides opportunities to engage in innovative and creative design projects. Graduates are well prepared to pursue advanced studies or to make a seamless transition into the profession and advance onto positions of increased responsibilities and achievement of professional licensure.
- Central to the philosophy of the Interior Architecture and Design program is the premise that design professionals share a common corpus of knowledge that is to comprise the basis of the curriculum for the first two years in the Lower Division Studies. After the completion of this unified course of foundation studies enriched by the liberal arts and sciences, students advance to cultivate diverse skills and knowledge in the more specialized Upper Division Studies. Interior architectural design, construction technologies, global business practices and communication constitute the program’s core coursework and incorporate significant concern for sustainable development. The final project based design studio emphasizes large-scale hospitality environments to reflect the multi-layered complexity and functional diversity of environments that characterize the multiple realities of contemporary practice.
- In view of the fact that many of the increasingly complex needs of populations diverse in age, abilities, and cultural backgrounds can be creatively addressed through innovative design, graduates of the program successfully engage in the practice of providing professional interior architecture and design services in various contexts of residential, commercial and institutional design.
The Bachelor of Sciences – Interior Architecture and Design degree is accredited by CIDA, the Council for Interior Design Accreditation. For accreditation, programs must demonstrate that each student possesses the knowledge and skills defined by the following learning outcomes:
Global Perspective on Design
Entry level designers have a global view and weigh design decisions within the parameters of ecological, socio-economic, and cultural contexts.
Student work demonstrates understanding of the concepts principles, and theories of sustainability as they pertain to building methods, materials, systems and occupants.
Students understand the implications of conducting the practice of design within a world context and, how design need may vary for a range of socio-economic stakeholders.
The work of interior designers is informed by knowledge of behavioral science and human factors.
Students understand that social and behavioral norms may vary from their own and are relevant to making appropriate design decisions.
Student work demonstrates the ability to appropriately apply theories of human behavior, to select, interpret and apply appropriate anthropometric data, and appropriately apply universal design concepts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of the Built Environment/Discussion
- Design Foundation
- Art Appreciation
- Survey of Art History
- Interior Architectural Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 1363 other Bachelors in Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Nevada, Las Vegas and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
High School Transcript –
- Submit your high school transcript (includes all high school coursework and grades).
- A certified translation is required for any transcript not written in English.
- Submit your official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities where college-level credits were earned (either while in high school or after graduating high school).
- A certified evaluation (course-by-course with GPA calculation) by a NACES member organization is required for all non-US college-level coursework.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26255 USD per year during 48 months.
National26255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26255 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9299 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9299 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Interior Architecture and Design.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.