Students completing the capstone should be able to demonstrate skills and expertise acquired in earlier coursework; identify, analyze, and select relevant data from primary and secondary sources; acquire a working knowledge of broader scholarly discourse; conceive and execute an original research paper; and engage with a community of scholars, presenting their work to peers as well as providing feedback on peers’ work. The seminar culminates in a written paper or project and a formal class report.
The International Development Studies program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) has the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrated specific skills and expertise, including original research, data analysis, clear and cogent writing, and general knowledge/critique of majors issues in the field
- Identification, analysis, selection, and use of relevant data from primary and secondary sources
- Working knowledge and formation of an opinion about diverse perspectives and discourses
- Design of an original research project that identifies, engages, and addresses a focused problem
- Active engagement with a community of scholars by expressing viewpoints through robust and informed discourse
- Culture, Power, and Development
- Political Economy of Development
- Theory and History in International Development
- Decolonizing Political Economy: Colonialism and Development
- Political Economy of Climate Change
- Selected Topics in International Development Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 303 other Bachelors in International Development in United States
- Complete 15 year-long academic courses with a 3.4 GPA
- Meet other requirements specific to your country
- Take the ACT with Writing Test, SAT with Writing or SAT with Essay by December of your last year at secondary school
- Demonstrate English-language Proficiency
International43012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43012 USD per year during 48 months.
National43012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43012 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13258 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.