York University's International Development Studies BA program will help you develop a deep and sophisticated understanding of the dimensions of world poverty, its causes and the processes of development aimed at eliminating poverty by promoting human fulfillment and achievement.
You will emerge from the program with a thorough grounding in the history, debates, dimensions, institutional approaches and critiques of the field, but also able to read World Bank documents, talk the institutional language of development professionals and know how to put together and implement a development research or delivery proposal.
- Participate in the events and workshops offered by York's International Secretariat for Human Development and Democratic Governance.
- Complement your study with overseas internships, volunteer positions or study abroad programs to develop awareness and respect for diverse cultures and to become familiar with the dynamics of poverty and development.
- Join the International Development Studies Student Association to develop and support the advancement of international development.
Possible Career Paths Include:
- international development professional in the public, non-governmental or private sector
- officer in a non-governmental, governmental or international agency
- teacher, researcher, policy analyst or academic
- social activist or community development worker
- specialist in topics of international development such as international law, labour, environment, gender, culture, health, ethnicity, politics, demographics, migration, etc.
- International Development Studies
- Development in Comparative and Historical Perspective
- Development Studies Research Methods
- Caribbean Studies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations International Development View 44 other Bachelors in International Development in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Transcripts (all students are required to submit official transcripts except those qualifying as Mature applicants or as Visiting Students on a Letter of Permission)
- Course Descriptions
- Language Proficiency Requirements
- Supplementary Application
International32416 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32416 CAD per year during 36 months.
National7037 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7037 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.