The Civil Engineering and Design in Architecture (Honours) from the University of Sydney caters to the emerging need for professionals who can work fluidly across architectural and structural engineering design. In the Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil), you will learn from leading experts about managing the design and construction of crucial modern infrastructure, including buildings, roads, railways, bridges, tunnels, dams and ports. You will gain a deep understanding of systems for managing water, irrigation, sewage and floodwaters. Underpinning this technical knowledge are professional skills in management, finance and problem solving.
Complementing your engineering studies, the Bachelor of Design in Architecture is a studio-based degree that explores the aesthetic, theoretical, technical and social aspects of architecture. You will take a core program in studios, history and theory, communications, technology and design workshops, before pursuing electives spanning the arts, digital design, sustainability and urban design.
- airport and harbour authorities
- architectural technology
- construction and mining companies
- engineering and infrastructure consultants
- interior and spacial design
- The Faculty of Engineering and the School of Architecture, Design and Planning offers one-year exchange programs with partner universities in Europe, Asia and North America.
- In addition to your Professional Engagement Program (PEP) commitments, there are opportunities to join a diverse range of engineering and architecture student societies and engage in outreach activities, industry placements and competitions throughout your degree.
- Students in the Bachelor of Design in Architecture make use of dedicated design studios and the Architectural and Technical Services Centre.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Design View 161 other Bachelors in Design in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 083633B
- a secondary education qualification such as the NSW Higher School Certificate (including national and international equivalents), or approved higher education study, including approved preparation courses.
- English language requirements where these are not demonstrated by sufficient qualifications taught in English.
International52000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52000 AUD per year during 60 months.
National8021 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8021 AUD per year during 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.