The American Indian Studies program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is housed in the College of Letters and Science with a group of related courses from various disciplines germane to American Indian studies. The major is considered a capstone major which not only requires students to engage in an internship within the American Indian community at large, but prompts students to take intiative in writing a capstone thesis.
The minor exposes students to Indian-related research and literature in a number of different disciplines, such as American Indian studies, anthropology, economics, history, political science, sociology, and theater.
- American Indian Studies
- Student-Initiated Outreach and Retention Issues in Higher Education
- Working in Tribal Communities
- California Indian Strategies for Contemporary Challenges
- Federal Indian Law and Policy
- Nation Building
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 2543 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Complete 15 year-long academic courses with a 3.4 GPA
- Meet other requirements specific to your country
- Take the ACT with Writing Test, SAT with Writing or SAT with Essay by December of your last year at secondary school
- Demonstrate English-language Proficiency
International43012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43012 USD per year during 48 months.
National43012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43012 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13258 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.