You’ll work on product innovation, from the laboratory through to large-scale production, with a focus on efficient industrial processes to use less energy and produce less waste.
The Applied Chemistry - Chemical Engineering (Honours) program at RMIT University will ensure you have a theoretical understanding of analytical, instrumental, organic, inorganic and physical chemistry while you receive hands-on experience in the lab.
The chemical engineering component will bring together the science, practice and design, with a practical and vocational focus.
Graduates find work in industries such as:
- agricultural chemicals: agricultural chemicals
- energy: utilities, gas supply, liquid fuels, energy
- sources, fuel cells, resources
- environment: analytical monitoring, water treatment, pollution, site assessment and remediation, recycling, engineering aspects, conservation
- food: quality control, microbiology, wine, oils,
- dairy, food processing and preservation
- pharmaceuticals: Medicines, vitamins, drugs, antibiotics, sunscreens, painkillers
- polymers: plastics and polymers
Graduates can also work in the process design sector, developing production processes from lab to large-scale. They are well placed to take leadership roles in the development and commercialisation of new chemical products.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry of Materials
- Engineering Mathematics
- Chemical Engineering Fundamentals
- Mathematics and Statics
- Analytical Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 31 other Bachelors in Chemical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 079787G
- You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum average of 70%
- Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36480 AUD per year during 60 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.