If you are currently employed in practice and looking to study from home, the Diploma will help you to develop valuable knowledge and skills to take you to the next level of your career.
The Graduate Diploma in Professional and Clinical Veterinary Nursing of Royal Veterinary College is managed and taught by leading veterinary professionals who are recognised by employers both within the UK and internationally. We focus on developing critical thinking, using both theory and its practical application, enabling you to become better equipped to care for your patients.
Our students come from a wide range of veterinary practices around the world. Whether you work in a first-opinion practice, a charity clinic or a large specialist referral practice, you will all share an ambition to excel in the veterinary field and a desire to improve animal health and welfare.
We welcome applications from individuals with the dedication to commit to the course and progress the professional role of the vet nurse in the veterinary profession. You will need a high level of motivation and, in return, we promise a rich and rewarding experience during your time with us.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidence-based veterinary nursing
- Problem solving in veterinary physiology
- Professional studies
- Emergency and critical care
- Medical nursing
- Surgical nursing
- 29 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine View 3 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We ask that our learners:
- Hold a Veterinary Nursing Certificate awarded by the RCVS
- Are on the current RCVS Register of Veterinary Nurses (or hold a recognised accredited overseas equivalent professional qualification/status)
- Have a minimum of one-year post-qualification clinical experience
- Are employed in, or have agreed access to placement in, a suitable* veterinary clinical environment
- Have the support of their employing/supervising veterinary practice, who will be required to allow time and access for training
- Successfully complete the Contemporary Study Skills bridging short-course
You will also require access to a computer with broadband internet access.
International: Please contact the RCVS directly to apply for registration and provide a copy of their certificate with the application form.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.