Technology (Education) in Materials and Engineering Technology at University of Limerick is designed to produce graduates who satisfy the needs of the Irish second level school system in relation to teaching Metalwork, Technical Graphics and Technology at Junior Cycle, and the subjects Technology, Engineering and Design & Communication Graphics at Leaving Certificate.
As a teaching degree, graduates of this programme are eligible for appointments to all second level schools (vocational, secondary, community and comprehensive schools) and for admission to the open register for Secondary Teachers. The graduates of the programme will be able to teach Engineering, Design and Communications Graphics & Technology.
- Design and Communication Graphics
- Process Technology
- Technological Maths
- Electro Technology (Ed)
- Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Contemporary Understandings and Thinking on Education
- Understanding Young People and how they Learn
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants deadline
- The closing date for late applications is 1st May
- The closing date for normal applications was 1st February
DisciplinesEducation Materials Science & Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 42 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with a minimum of six subjects which must include: Two H5 (Higher level) grades and Four O6 (Ordinary level) grades or four H7 (Higher Level) grades. Subjects must include Mathematics, Irish or another language, and English.
- In addition, applicants must hold an O3/H7 grade in Mathematics and an O4/H7 in at least one of the following: Applied Mathematics; Biology; Physics; Chemistry; Construction Studies; Engineering; Physics with Chemistry; Agricultural Science; Technology; Design & Communication Graphics /Technical Drawing.
International16465 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16465 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA7354 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7354 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.