At the University of Wisconsin Madison, the Dietetics degree provides the coursework needed for a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree leading to a career in Dietetics and Nutrition. Increased emphasis on disease prevention, a growing and aging population and public interest in nutrition are factors that are influencing the demand for dietitians.
If you are concerned with the nutrition and health of individuals and communities you should consider pursuing a degree in dietetics. An interest in science and enjoyment in working with people will also be beneficial for those considering this degree. In many cases those with a degree in Dietetics spend much of their time working with people as patients, clients, consumers or employees.
- A degree in dietetics offers challenging and rewarding employment opportunities working in hospitals, long-term care facilities, public health agencies, food industry, research labs and more. Whether administering medical nutrition therapy in a health-care setting or directing food service operations, registered dietitians work toward the prevention and treatment of disease.
- Human Nutritional Needs
- Nutrition in the Life Span
- Applications in Clinical Nutrition
- Biochemical Principles of Human and Animal Nutrition
- The Science and Technology of Food
- Food Service Operations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall Early Action: November 1
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Nutrition & Dietetics View 2208 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Wisconsin Madison and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admissions application
- Application fee
- Course and grade information from grades 9-12
- Two essays: tell us about your academic and personal achievements
- One required letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency
- Official test scores: scores from either the ACT or the SAT
International38654 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38654 USD per year during 48 months.
National38654 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38654 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10766 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.