Learning other languages has always formed a critical part of a well-rounded education. In today's global economy, the ability to communicate in languages other than one's own has become an increasingly valuable asset sought after by employers across the public and private sectors. The Spanish for Global Competence program from The University of Texas at Arlington prepare students for success in an increasingly interconnected world, in fields such as the language services industry—interpreting, localization, and translation; education; research; writing, publishing, and the media; health, legal, and social services; business; government; international relations; the cultural heritage sector—museums, libraries, and archives.
In addition to development in the four basic language skills -- speaking, listening, reading, and writing -- a major aim is to gain understanding of the diversity of human culture as represented in several of the world's languages, literatures, and other cultural media.
Ultimately, these aims contribute to the development of well-rounded and well-informed 21st-century global citizens who are not only able to communicate and interact with others locally, nationally, and internationally, but who are also able to reflect on the world and themselves through the lens of other languages and cultures.
- English as a foreign language teacher
- International development worker
- Broadcast Journalist
- Logistics and Distribution Manager
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Beginning Spanish
- Intermediate Spanish
- Advanced Spanish Grammar
- Advanced Spanish for Heritage Speakers
- Spanish Composition
- Spanish Language Study
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 2488 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.