The study of history explores the basic forces that have shaped human affairs and is therefore a means for dealing with present concerns and future problems. An appreciation of our heritage develops a sense of our identity. Historical inquiry also provides the necessary background for the study of other disciplines such as economics, literature, art, language, and the social as well as natural sciences.
The History Department encourages an open and questioning attitude toward the diversity of human experiences and ideas. An awareness of cultural differences between various groups of people will provide insights concerning the basic issues of world civilization. Students of history are encouraged to read analytically, speak cogently, and write coherently.
Both the curriculum and the methodology of the History Department are multifaceted. The History Department, therefore, requires that students take courses in both chronological and topical areas in United States and world history. The history faculty specializes in such diverse methodologies as quantitative analysis and social and political history, as well as the more traditional biographical and narrative approaches. Thus students are exposed to the many ways of studying the past and the present.
A degree in History at The University of Texas at Arlington prepares students for a variety of careers, including teaching, archival administration, business, journalism and communications, historical preservation, law, and public affairs. More importantly, by providing insight into the causes and effects of change in society, a knowledge of history prepares every individual for life in a complex world.
- Elementary Teacher
- Secondary Teacher
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Flight Culture and the Human Experience
- World Literature
- British Literature
- American Literature
- Government of the United States
- State and Local Government
- History of the United States, 1865 to Present
- Technology and Science in American Society
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 460 other Bachelors in Modern History in United States
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.