Mechanical engineers must be extremely versatile and can be found in a large variety of private and public sector organizations. They may be involved in product design and development, manufacturing, project management, power generation or other operations. Therefore, the mechanical engineering curriculum is broad-based and emphasizes fundamental engineering sciences and applications.
Approximately equal emphasis is given to machine design, structural analysis, thermodynamics and energy, systems and control, and materials science. Classroom lectures are supplemented by laboratories.
The student completes a capstone design project as the culmination of the Mechanical Engineering program from The University of Texas at Arlington.
The program in mechanical engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET. Enrollment and graduation data for the ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science program in Mechanical Engineering can be found below.
- Linear Algebra and Vector Spaces
- Chemistry for Engineers
- General Technical Physics
- Rhetoric and Composition
- Circuit Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Statics
- Engineering Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 599 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.