You will graduate with majors in microbiology, cell and molecular biology and an optional major of biochemistry.
The Biotechnology - Biomedical Science double degree at RMIT University allow you to understand how the human body functions, and the responses of the body to various diseases, exercise, diet, internal disturbances and environmental influences.
You will learn how techniques in molecular biology and genetics are applied to problems including diagnosing genes that cause cancer, making crops and livestock less vulnerable to disease, and making food safer.
You will complete studies in cell biology, physiology, microbiology and molecular biology including proteomics. You can also choose to study anatomy, neuroscience, cardiovascular biology, industrial microbiology and applied biochemistry.
Graduates work in research, production and testing positions in government and private laboratories.
Potential employers include:
- government (state and Commonwealth)
- medical research institutes (e.g. Walter and Eliza Hall Institute)
- private industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry of Materials
- Cell Structure and Function
- Scientific Skills and Communication
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry for Life Sciences
- Animal Structure and Function
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- July entry only for domestic students.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Genetics View 87 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 076962K
- You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum average of 70%
- Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36480 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.