Are you looking for a stimulating career in the competitive and changing global advertising industry? You will experience a variety of interactive learning and teaching approaches, both face to face and online, with an emphasis on industry relevant and creative outcomes.
The degree has three distinct focuses: Art Direction, Copywriting and Strategy Planning/Account Management. There is a strong focus on critical and conceptual thinking. You will learn how to use these skills to solve marketing problems, generate attention for brands and products and build an emotional bond between a brand and consumers.
It provides an overview of the role and value of advertising within broader marketing and communication practice, as well as in depth study of advertising media, strategic and creative disciplines.
You will experience a variety of interactive learning and teaching approaches, both face to face and online, with a strong emphasis on industry relevance and creative outcomes.
Graduates go on to work both locally and internationally in a variety of roles, from art direction and copy writing, to media planning and client management.
This program is ranked number five in the world and number one in Australia (Young Guns). It is one of the few creative advertising degrees which teach business and creative strategy.
Graduates become innovative advertising strategists, copywriters and art directors. You can work strategically and creatively, locally and globally, and move seamlessly across disciplines and organisations that use advertising.
Typically, graduates work in:
- agencies specialising in advertising, digital media, direct-response and sales promotion
- media (TV and radio stations, newspapers and magazines) and suppliers (TV production, radio, print and new media)
- business, government and non-profit organisations with in-house advertising facilities
- advertising and management consultancies.
The Advertising program at RMIT University will prepare you for roles such as:
- strategic planner
- media planner/ buyer
- account executive
- art director
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advertising Foundations
- Creative Advertising
- Advertising Campaign Strategy
- Advertising Media
- Art Direction
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Marketing View 140 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 064394C
- You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 65% average.
- Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
- Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
International32640 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32640 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.