From addressing climate change, to developing new pharmaceuticals or tackling food security, chemistry is vital in modern day society.
This Chemistry (Hons) Including Study Year Abroad course at University of Bath has the broadest range of subjects of all our chemistry courses. In the first two years, you’ll study an introduction to all areas of chemistry, gaining the practical and theoretical skills needed to design experiments and test hypotheses. This includes understanding the theories of chemical behaviour and how they're applied.
Tailor to your interests
You can specialise in a particular field in later years through optional units and a final year project. All of our chemistry degrees start with the same core units, so you'll have the flexibility to switch courses after the first year.
A wealth of career opportunities are open to you as a chemistry graduate. You’ll develop the skills and knowledge to work in technical areas or scientific research and development in materials, pharmaceuticals, energy and the environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inorganic synthesis, structure and reactivity
- Organic synthesis, reaction mechanisms and spectroscopy
- Principles of physical chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry laboratory
- Analytical chemistry
- Physical chemistry laboratory
- Computational chemistry laboratory
- Organic chemistry laboratory
- Symmetry and group theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Only Overseas students are eligible to apply
DisciplinesChemistry Biotechnology Biochemistry View 693 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your application, especially your personal statement, should demonstrate your enthusiasm for studying your chosen degree. This might include relevant reading, voluntary or work experience, areas of interest from your current studies or other relevant extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Our typical offers for this course depend on the amount of science and mathematics you have studied before you join it. You will always need a strong performance in Chemistry and at least one other science or mathematics subject as part of your entry qualifications. If you have studied additional science or mathematics subjects the grades we require may be lower, as detailed in the relevant entry requirements section.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.