The advancement of the Plastics industry depends on high level of academic human resources. The Department of Plastics Engineering at Shenkar College is the only department in Israel qualifying plastics engineers for Bachelor’s Degrees (B.Sc.) and Master’s Degrees (M.Sc.) in research.
The Graduates are trained to serve in development, design and management positions in the plastics industries involving: aviation, microelectronics, medicine, defense, nanotechnology, agriculture, lacquers and adhesives and DIY products. Plastics are also used substantially in packaging, building, automotive, medical, consumer products and hi-tech industries.
During the past 15 years, the department has enjoyed a high level of advancement, both with respect to the level of staff and with respect to infrastructure, such as modern teaching and research laboratories. The department was established by the Plastics and Rubber Manufacturers Society as a center for education and training for the whole plastics industry, and as such, has strong ties with the polymers and plastics industry in Israel.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bio-Medical Materials Engineering
- Design with plastic materials, products, 3D printing and molds
- Packaging and Green Plastics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants for the engineering departments are required to a have a matriculation certificate and a psychometric score, as follows:
- Plastics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering and Industrial Engineering and Management: a psychometric score of 620 or an average grade of 90 and above in external exams and in the final project in practical engineering studies, and a matriculation average of 85 (including bonuses).
- Master's program in Plastics Engineering / Industrial & Management Engineering: average of 80 in undergraduate studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.