Students of the Secondary Education, Math Education program at Temple University can choose between two programs—Secondary Education: Mathematics and TUTeach. These differ in terms of the proportion of courses in the Mathematics major and that of education-related courses on the nature of adolescents and how to teach.
About this Program
Students seeking certification in Secondary Education: Mathematics must complete the requirements for the major in Secondary Education: Mathematics and for the Mathematics major as specified by the College of Science and Technology. Your education coursework is augmented with multiple fieldwork assignments. The program culminates in an academic semester long practicum, during which you will instruct a class at an area high school supported by a cooperating teacher and Temple faculty.
- Analytical Reading and Writing
- Socio-cultural Foundations of Education in the United States
- Calculus I
- Intellectual Heritage I: The Good Life
- Effective Use of Instructional Technology in Classrooms
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Secondary Education View 2683 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Self-Report High School Transcript
- Fee: $55 (Fee waivers are available for freshmen who qualify)
- Temple's online application or online Common Application or Paper application to submit by mail
- Official High School or University Transcripts with English Translations
- Standardized Tests (SAT, ACT, TOEFL iBT, IELTS or PTE)
- Apply as an international student if you hold or will need to obtain a nonimmigrant visa, including a student (F-1) or an exchange visitor (J-1) visa.
International29712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29712 USD per year during 48 months.
National29712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State16488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16488 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.