This Computer Science (Hons) course at University of Bath is for you if you’re interested in studying computer science but want to wait until later in your degree before deciding what area to specialise in. It's a broad-ranging course giving you the knowledge to apply computer science methods to the latest industry challenges and learn skills highly valued by employers.
Tailor to your interests
In the first year, you’ll learn core skills in mathematics and programming and the foundations of artificial intelligence, software design and development, interaction design, computer graphics and vision. More advanced and specialised units follow in the second and final years. In the second year, you'll complete a group project with other students to design and build an interactive application.
In the final year, you'll choose optional units alongside an individual project combining your interests in a specific area of computer science. You’ll regularly meet with an academic who specialises in your chosen field.
- If you want a more in-depth study experience, you could consider applying for our MComp Computer Science course.
Extracurricular support and activities
As a student here, you’ll be part of a well-equipped and supportive department, with lots of opportunities to get involved in societies and events such as hackathons, coding competitions and conferences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Artificial intelligence
- Principles of programming
- Computer systems architecture
- Discrete mathematics and databases
- Software processes and modelling
- Mathematics for computation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Only Overseas students are eligible to apply
DisciplinesCyber Security Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 243 other Bachelors in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We consider a range of factors when assessing your application for this course, including your previous academic performance (such as GCSEs), your personal statement, your predicted grades and the combination of subjects you study at A level (or equivalent).
- Your personal statement should explain your motivation for choosing this degree and any relevant non-academic interests and achievements. You are more likely to be successful if you demonstrate a keen interest in areas relevant to computer science such as AI or programming through relevant reading, extracurricular or co-curricular activities, or work experience.
- You will need a strong performance in Mathematics as part of your entry qualifications. We prefer applicants who can demonstrate evidence of logical and analytical thinking through the study of Computer Science, Further Mathematics, or both.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.