Marine Science is the study of the ocean. Marine scientists look into the biological nature and capacity of oceans, their impact on human society, and the conservation and environmental management of marine and coastal resources and regions.
They spend their time observing, defining and experimenting with coastal processes, biodiversity and climate change, as well as using emerging technologies to ensure the sustainable management of these environments.
Why choose this Bachelor of Marine Science (Honours) offered by the University of Wollongong
- Working in science requires real-world practical skills and contemporary knowledge. At UOW we're committed to 'enquiry-based learning' that teaches you to constantly seek out knowledge, analyse it and apply it in your chosen profession. We integrate technology into all our learning and teaching to ensure that you graduate equipped to excel in a constantly changing and technologically advanced world. You will participate in practical classes in our purpose-built Sciences Teaching Facility in the Science Precinct of the campus or out in the field, ensuring that you have the skills and knowledge to meet the needs of tomorrow's employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- UOW is expanding its science precinct with world-leading technologies for scientific research and our undergraduate learning is designed to be deeply integrated with cutting-edge research in chemistry, biology, life and earth sciences.
- Such advances bring disciplines together to tackle the world’s major 21st century challenges.
- The courses you take are taught by the scientists who are leading researchers. Thus the knowledge and skills that you acquire can be applied to real-world challenges today and in the future.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Marine Engineering Aquaculture & Fisheries View 4 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants need to have achieved the required score in a qualification equivalent to the completion of 13 years of schooling in Australia.
- In order to succeed in your chosen course, it is assumed you have completed relevant subjects in your senior high school studies or other relevant qualifications. This is particularly important for degrees which have a strong basis in Mathematics or Science.
- CRICOS: 083556K
International32112 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 128448 AUD for the full programme during 48 months.
Commonwealth supported students are required to pay a student contribution amount towards the cost of their course. The amounts are calculated based on the subject cluster and the Equivalent Full-time Study Load (EFTSL) value of the subject.
Living costs for Wollongong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.