Mechatronic engineering is the combination of mechanical, electrical and computer technologies. Industrial robots are a famous example of mechatronic engineering: computer-controlled mechanical arms capable of performing manual labour with greater strength, speed and efficiency than a human.
The reality is computer control of systems is so commonplace in homes, business and industry that nearly everyone uses a mechatronic system every day, from washing machines to central air-conditioning, cameras and computer printers.
A Mechatronic engineer's skill for combining and refining elements to improve the whole makes them valuable in fields such as digital electronics, manufacturing, information technology and robotics.
Career opportunities after the Engineering (Honours) - Mechatronic Engineering at University of Wollongong
- Biomedical Engineer
- Computer Architect
- Computer Systems Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Electronics Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
UOW’s engineering programs are accredited by Engineers Australia and relevant world engineering bodies through the Washington Accord. This ensures recognition by equivalent professional engineering bodies in the USA, UK, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, Ireland, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and other countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Engineering Mechanics
- Materials in Design
- Engineering Design for Sustainability
- Foundations of Engineering Mathematics
- Architectural Engineering for Bachelor of Engineering (Hons)
- Biomedical Engineering for Bachelor of Engineering (Hons)
- Computer Engineering for Bachelor of Engineering (Hons)
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Mechatronics View 51 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants need to have achieved the required score in a qualification equivalent to the completion of 13 years of schooling in Australia.
- In order to succeed in your chosen course, it is assumed you have completed relevant subjects in your senior high school studies or other relevant qualifications. This is particularly important for degrees which have a strong basis in Mathematics or Science.
- CRICOS: 083339G
International37536 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 150144 AUD for the full programme during 48 months.
Commonwealth supported students are required to pay a student contribution amount towards the cost of their course. The amounts are calculated based on the subject cluster and the Equivalent Full-time Study Load (EFTSL) value of the subject.
Living costs for Wollongong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.