The Business Economics with a European Language (German) programme from Cardiff University aims to inform you of the main features of the UK industrial economy and the key developments in business.
You will examine government and international business policy to identify their ramifications for the development of markets and firms. The course will introduce you to subject areas outside the economics discipline by offering you the opportunity to follow modules in business finance, marketing and other aspects of management.
In your third year you will attend a University in Germany and will be taught and examined in German.
Through the study of business economics and German, the programme encourages a range of transferable discipline-specific and core skills that will be of value to you in future education and in your subsequent careers.
The distinctive features of the Economics Programme include:
- the opportunity to specialise in economic analysis through all three years of study and therefore to build up considerable knowledge and skills in the discipline;
- the intellectual challenge derived from exposure to recent developments in economic theory;
- the development of substantial quantitative and empirical research skills;
- the chance to proceed to postgraduate study in economics at the UK’s premier Universities;
- the possibility of moving into careers in the government economic service and major economic consultancies;
- study abroad year in a German-speaking country.
Our business degrees give students a broad range of skills which are valued by a range of employers in the private and public sectors. In 2015/16, 92% of the School’s graduates who were available for work reported they were in employment and/or further study within six months of graduating.
In addition to the central University Careers Service, our students benefit from a dedicated on-site Careers and Placements service to help them find internships, job opportunities and to access business-industry specific advice, training and guidance.
- Business Analyst
- HR Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Production Manager
- Applied Stats and Maths in Econ and Business
- Economic History
- Advanced German Language Year 1
- Microeconomic Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Languages View 1676 other Bachelors in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAB-ABB. Must include German. Extended/International Project Qualification: Applicants with grade A in the EPQ/IPQ will typically receive an offer one grade lower than the standard A level offer. Please note that any subject specific requirements must still be met.
- The Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate will be accepted in lieu of one A-Level (at the grades listed above), excluding any specified subjects.
- DD in a BTEC Diploma in Business and grade B in A-level German.
- IB: 34-32 overall or 666-665 in 3 HL subjects. Must include grade 6 in HL German.
- If you are offering non-UK qualifications, our qualification equivalences guide should allow you to calculate what kind of offer you are likely to receive.
- We do not accept Critical Thinking, General Studies, Citizenship Studies, or other similar equivalent subjects.
International19700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.