This course provides students with interdisciplinary knowledge of public communication processes and industries, and their social, economic and political contexts, as well as specialised expertise in public relations or advertising.
The course combines a professional degree with immersion in another language and culture, enhancing professional training and career options. This combined Bachelor degrees in Communication (Public Communication) - International Studies at the University of Technology Sydney seeks to augment the value of public communication by broadening awareness and understanding of another language and culture.
This course has a focus on professional communication careers that include public relations or advertising. Students explore the communication contexts – cultural, social and political – for these practices.
They develop their professional skills in campaign design and production, copywriting, media liaison and writing, research and evaluation, and organisational communication management. Assignments provide material for a portfolio after graduation.
International perspectives on public relations and advertising enable UTS graduates to transcend national barriers and be competitive in a global environment. Career options are enhanced by international experience, making students more adept at international and cross-cultural professional practice.
Career options include advertising account executive, advertising copywriter, communication strategist, community relations manager, marketing communication specialist, media liaison officer, media researcher, political media adviser, public relations consultant, publicity officer, social media strategist, and special events coordinator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- The Ecology of Public Communication
- Principles of Advertising
- Foundations in International Studies
- Regulating Communication: Law, Ethics, Politics
- Brand Advertising Strategies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies International Development Public Relations View 107 other Bachelors in Communication Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
- English proficiency
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37392 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 779 AUD per credit during 60 months.
- All offers made to domestic undergraduate students will be for Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.