You will study the immune system and how it controls infection. You will also learn about autoimmune diseases that can occur if the immune system attacks the body's own tissues rather than an infectious agent.
In your final year you will review the main viral diseases of humankind in terms of their natural history, biology, molecular biology, immunology, pathogenesis and epidemiology. These include HIV, hepatitis B and C, papilloma, influenza, measles and coronaviruses, among others.
You will learn about cutting-edge issues in virology and immunology, including emerging viruses such as the SARS-CoV-2, Marburg and Ebola viruses.
You will also learn about the problems associated with the production of vaccines. You will normally work on a research project in either virology or immunology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Normal and Tumour Cells
- Disease and Defence
- Biochemistry: Cellular Composition
- Biochemistry: Cellular Processes
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Cellular and Molecular Pathology
- Gene expression and rearrangement
- Infection and Immunity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Immunology View 27 other Bachelors in Immunology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAB including Chemistry and another core science/mathematics subject
- 34 points overall with 17 at Higher Level, including 6, 5 (in any order) at Higher Level in Chemistry and another core science/mathematics subject
- Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B and M3 is C
- Access to HE Diploma in Science, Biomedical/ Medical/ Health Science or Psychology (or similar titles). The 45 graded Level 3 credits must include:
- at least 21 credits at Distinction and 24 at Merit or above; and
- at least 12 credits (with 9 at Distinction) from Chemistry units and at least 12 credits (with 9 at Distinction) from units in another science
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24700 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £10,750 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.